LRP engine in tmaxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't even know there was a shorter or longer one

If you don't mind can you measure yours for me. I have the older shorter Rc solutions cage I can measure and match to yours that way you know for sure if that is the short one. But yes they have made the older #4910 maxx short chassis, the #4909 short chassis the #4908 which is extended and the #4907 the newest and it is an extended chassis.

I emailed the person for eBay if I can send it back for Exchange I saw the right one if not you think someone would buy it on the forum I assembled it buts it's brand new

I emailed the person for eBay if I can send it back for Exchange I saw the right one if not you think someone would buy it on the forum I assembled it buts it's brand new

I measured the one on my #4910 maxx it's shorter than 17 inch's. So you must have the extended chassis one. I am just guessing but it must be because the RD Logics has all the extension in the rear for the BB conversion.

I just checked the description for the one I bought and it says not for extended chassis and I saw the right one and it said for extended chassis

I just measured my short chassis maxx and it's right at 15in between the bumper mount holes in the bulks.

So I believe mine is the same as. Your nitro4910 I just estimated mine

I'm gonna attempt to mod it doesn't look like there gonna exchange it for me maybe make two steel extensions so I can bolt the rear in what Ya guys think

Maybe use some small bits of aluminum angle and mount it to the shock tower to bulk mounting area?

That's what I was thinking. But it's to far off and I can't even get. The sides to come down to fit. The under. Shield I posted. It. In the for sale section maybe someone will want it and. I can buy the right. One lol

update so the company messaged back and said they would return it for me so I'm gonna order the right one just wanna confirm this is the right cage

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Traxxas-Exte...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d22dc3c0f

images.jpg Extended chassis is the right one.

Update so proper rollcage has been ordered lol finally next I need some help on tires my tires all expand to much and look like a pizza cutter any recommendations on a good tire with rim

Before you buy tires you have to decide what you will be doing with it. Racing, bashing, dirt, grass, cement. Rocks, sand. After you figure that out the web has an endless supply of tires. As for the pizza cutting, you need to tape the inside of the tires, I like to use 2 layers of regular duck tape also, you will need to decide what foam inserts to use, I like to use the yellow buggy foams. Again the web is full of combinations. And remember this. It's harder and waste more energy moving a big tire than you do a small one. But a bigger tire will give you more distance with less power used.

Before you buy tires you have to decide what you will be doing with it. Racing, bashing, dirt, grass, cement. Rocks, sand. After you figure that out the web has an endless supply of tires. As for the pizza cutting, you need to tape the inside of the tires, I like to use 2 layers of regular duck tape also, you will need to decide what foam inserts to use, I like to use the yellow buggy foams. Again the web is full of combinations. And remember this. It's harder and waste more energy moving a big tire than you do a small one. But a bigger tire will give you more distance with less power used.
Update so proper rollcage has been ordered lol finally next I need some help on tires my tires all expand to much and look like a pizza cutter any recommendations on a good tire with rim
Proline Badlands are a great tire with there wheel combo.

Proline Badlands are a great tire with there wheel combo.
Sweet will look into the thanks hulkmaxx Ohh I got the rollcage and the front and rear bolt up perfect the Centre skid locked on one but the other side won't reach I guess that's the best it's gonna get tho

Sweet will look into the thanks hulkmaxx Ohh I got the rollcage and the front and rear bolt up perfect the Centre skid locked on one but the other side won't reach I guess that's the best it's gonna get tho
Glad to hear you got the roll cage issue worked out. Is there anyway you can modify the bottom skid to fit it properly. I had to file the locking grooves out to fit mine to my FLM chassis on this truck. It's hard to tell from the pics but the chassis was somewhat wider than the stock maxx chassis was. By filing the set grooves wider I was able to get it to secure down correctly.

Attachments

• DSCN1872.JPG
    DSCN1872.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 187
  • cap3.jpg
    cap3.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN1866.JPG
    DSCN1866.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 225
I see what your saying OK never thought of that I'll try it out thanks hulkmaxx