6.0 Earthquake!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'll start off by saying myself and my family are unharmed.

At 3:20 this morning a 6.0 quake hit. Strongest one around here since 1989. Massive amount of damage around time. And oddly, some places didn't have any. I saw buckled sidewalks, driveways and roads. I saw an old victorian off it's foundation and carports collapsed on cars at an apartment complex.

Myself, a poop load of property damage, but no structural damage. If it was glass and not attached to the house, it broke. My poor 1 year old xterra has a nice dent in the hood and various dings down one side from being in the garage. My wife's 1 year old car right next to it, no damage.

Took a peek in the workshop where my RC work area is. It's a huge pile of debris. I'll assess damage in there down the road.

Back to clean up.

Glad you and the family are ok man

Glad you guys are OK Rob. Bet it was scary.

Rob just sent you a text message and then seen this thread. Glad to hear you and the family are unharmed.

Stay safe. If we can do anything for you guys let us know!

iam very glad to hear you are fine. in a place with trouble. i hope thats the end of your trouble.

robmob I'm glad you and your family came out unscathed. You guys in Napa took the brunt of this thing and I feel for you. Nothing freaks me out more than being woke up by an earthquake.

Being the history fanatic that I am, it bums me out to see historical buildings take heavy damage in these quakes and often end up being demolished.

On a lighter note...it was only a matter of time.

skate.jpg

That was 3 blocks from my house.

Man Rob.....I sure am glad to hear you and your family is doing ok and were not hurt. If we can do anything to help just let us know.

Tom

Glad to hear you and your family are all ok, have the aftershocks stopped yet?

Something like 80 aftershocks I believe. Most are small. I have felt 2 of them on Sunday morning. There was a 3.9 while I was in the shower this morning that I didn't even feel.

Cleanup is pretty much done. Now it's a matter of getting everything organized and put away.

Lost all our china complete with serving pieces, crystal water flutes, wine glasses and 90% of our everyday stuff. Handful of picture frames need new glass or replaced. Piano put a nice dent in sheetrock. Had to replace my sons snake tank since the snake survived. My xterra got $1400 worth of damage which will be covered under the car insurance and repaired next week.

No damage to any RC related items which was nice.

My Japanese die cast robot collection took a big hit though. Bots and case they were in fell 7 feet. Case exploded and bots parts were in a pile. Still assessing damage to those. At least one has broken parts that can't be repaired. Sadly, the case was also from Japan and was over 60 years old. No replacing something like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1409253423][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to mention my PS3 may be done as well. It was upside down on the floor and I haven't had a chance to see if it's still working.

Last edited:
Damn Rob...it sounds like you faired pretty well all things considered. Do you have any major structural damage to deal with? Do you guys have water and electricity yet?

Damn Rob...it sounds like you faired pretty well all things considered. Do you have any major structural damage to deal with? Do you guys have water and electricity yet?

We never lost water. Pressure gets low from time to time due to main breaks in the area though.

Power was back on at about 2pm the day of the quake.

No structural damage at all. We were lucky.

This link is the City of Napa's map of damaged structures that have been tagged. My house is in the Browns Valley area on the left of the map. It got hit pretty hard since it was the Browns Valley Fault that went.
http://cityofnapa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=82a341fa5c5b4f4bb32381b82541e7fc

Link to some damage pics around town.napa quake damage pics