Its aBB revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinny352

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I decided to take my parts truck and a extra motor I have and build a true 1/8th scale dirt late model bb and all uploadfromtaptalk1407972455125.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407972464793.jpgmotor choices I have uploadfromtaptalk1407972579778.jpgthe body I'm building out of aluminum

uploadfromtaptalk1408061849910.jpgits alive and that mach 26 is sick on this thing ready to run her tmrw if work permits an early day

I have a Dynamite Mach 26 in my Revo, its bad ass!! You will need some wheelie bars.

Yea I can see that's gonna happen been taking her easy for a few tanks

So I got the truck done for the most part and I keep striping spur gears completely out any idea why and its not the mesh I've checked it over and over again

Slipper is too tight,...how much play is at the mesh

I had that problem with mine too. The stock spur gear would last a couple of days and it would strip out, I got tired of replacing it and bought a Robinson Racing hardened steel spur gear/clutch bell combo. I havnt had a problem since.

Last edited:
If your burning up spur gears like that a steel setup isn't going to solve anything, your just moving the stress down the driveline

I run the slipper snug then a Lil I've 1/4 turn out to loosen it .. I set my mesh by free spinning the spur gear and moving the motor towards the spur till it makes a little noise then I back it off a touch till there's no grinding noise an old timer showed me that and I do all my trucks that my maxx bb and losi everything only one I have the problem with is the revo could the bb mount be out of square or twisted some how its the traxxas one

If your engine isn't square it will strip spurs, if there is a hairline Crack in the mount it will also strip spurs.....when you hold the cb still and wiggle your spur there should be only the slightest wiggle between the teeth, doing it by sound alone will result in a loose mesh

Yea it barley moves like I had stated all my trucks are set the same and I'm not sure its a brand new mount

If your burning up spur gears like that a steel setup isn't going to solve anything, your just moving the stress down the driveline

That maybe true, but with my personal experience with my BB Revo the ONLY problems I have ever had out of it was stripped spur gears. Since going with the RR steel gear combo I havnt had ANY troubles at all. I have ran the heck out of that truck since the new gears were installed, no broke parts or stripped gears. Just suggesting what worked for my BB Revo that had the same issues. Also, I am using the Traxxas mount as well.

Last edited:
Elwood I'll try it and see what happens I'm not running a stock motor its had a little work done to it well I experimented with a bigger bore and stroke its a hibrid motor losi mach 26 block and head with lrp piston and rod I'm a little machinest when it comes to making the impossible work

Back