Zombie Invasion???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Guys,

What is all this press that Zombies are getting lately? I know it is holloween and all, but this started well before October. Brownell's a national shooting sports store advertises "How to protect yourself from a Zombie invasion" ads as well as videos talking about how to fight them and even includes a hot and cold map of "where the outbreaks" are. Even last night the History channel ran a show devoted on how if a Zombie outbreak did occur, how it wouldn't take them long to overwhelm the earth. They also had segments on how to properly arm yourself and fight a Zombie hoard. They had "experts" that gave insight and advice on the "Hoards" and how they would be relentless and what they lack in speed and intellegence the make up for in determination. They also went on to say that modern medicine would most like be the cause of a Zombie outbreak. I found it a little desterbing... The show had a certain seriousness to it.... it seemed to be more than a simple holloween scare. Does anybody out there believe this crap?

Tom

i believe it!

but call me weirrd i dont care. there is always a possibility

Load up boys...we are smashing up some brain suckers! Alpine....you drive, my turn with the the "Brain Ball Bat"

Load up boys...we are smashing up some brain suckers! Alpine....you drive, my turn with the the "Brain Ball Bat"

Alright... I guess I'm in! I will head up the Mid Atlantic Division...

Zombie Preparedness has been a humorous way of putting a spin on preparing and survival readiness for disasters of a wide variety for some time now. There has been a recent uproar of zombie fanatic culture so often you see these worlds collide. Great book was written that takes this relaxed approach on a serious subject called Zombie Survival Guide
http://books.google.com/ebooks?id=4...HA&utm_medium=SKWS-Titles&utm_campaign=launch

Zombie Preparedness has been a humorous way of putting a spin on preparing and survival readiness for disasters of a wide variety for some time now. There has been a recent uproar of zombie fanatic culture so often you see these worlds collide. Great book was written that takes this relaxed approach on a serious subject called Zombie Survival Guide
http://books.google.com/ebooks?id=4...HA&utm_medium=SKWS-Titles&utm_campaign=launch

So all of this Zombie talk has really just been some sort of pop culture meld with disaster preparedness? I guess it makes sence. Zombies seem to be all the rage right now as were vampires the last few years. When you put that spin on it... it makes sense. Thank for helping make a little sense of all this.

Tom

Be prepared Tom. You never know when a zombie horde will shamble towards you.

Be prepared Tom. You never know when a zombie horde will shamble towards you.

Right!! LOL I'll be the first to admit... I don't do horror. Stuff still gives me nightmares and I'm 34!

Like Chief said... it is just a pop culture meld of being prepared and the zombie craze. It reminded me of war of the worlds.... you know? If I hadn't known better it came off as pretty damn serious. It was wild... they were actually having "experts" demonstrate tactics and wepons that are best used to fight off an attack... and guns were low on the list. I know I open myself up to all kinds of ridicule... but I guess it is just the craze of the times.

Tom

For close combat with zeds, I will go with a pump action 12ga and my Glock 19 & 26 as backups. In case I run out of ammo, I will use a Cold Steel trench hawk axe.

31NEWkXH4tL._SS500_.jpg

Zombies Scenerio= You must hold up in your house. You must have rations on hand, enough for yourself and family. You must have a way of atleast listening to hear whats going on, and even betting calling for help when help arrives. You must be able to fend off zombies as they try to get into your home.

Replace zombie invasion with natural disaster and you quickly see the parallels. Hell the above is almost an exact katrina scenerio.

Ok, I'm not going to get into it too deeply, but do I believe it is possible? Yep. Am I preparing? Yep. Would this preparation work for any other disaster? Definitely. Ammunition, food, water, weapon maintenance supplies, etc. One thing I find EXTREMELY comical is some of the so called "experts" that they used on that show. The "zombie squad" people that the show used. Some of those guys/girls weighed 350+. No offense to any big people here on the site, but the fatties would be among the first to die in a post apocalyptical world. Physical fitness is one of the key measures to be taken when fighting off hordes of zeds, because as everyone knows, zombies don't get tired.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Replace zombie invasion with natural disaster and you quickly see the parallels. Hell the above is almost an exact katrina scenerio.

Not really. There was tons of looting and what not, but people weren't really breaking into occupied structures that much. Most of the shootings were between civilians and police.

I believe the apocalypse depicted in the movie 28 Days Later is a very real possibility.

Speaking of movies. My 2 favorite zombie flicks are Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead.

Rule #1 Cardio
Rule #2 Double Tap

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Hell the above is almost an exact katrina scenerio.

They only needed to follow one rule for Katrina...GET OUT!!!! If they followed that one rule they were safe.

Rule #1 Cardio
Rule #2 Double Tap

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

They only needed to follow one rule for Katrina...GET OUT!!!! If they followed that one rule they were safe.

So at least at seems most of us agree that something like this could happen... the question is how and to what degree... but since we are on the subject... What types of rations and how much should one think about having on hand at any one time? Also... other things to consider... lumber nails to board up windows... from the inside as going out would make you to vulnerable to attack. Also I would also assume that instead of shot... you would want to have buck shot for the 12 guage?

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I believe the apocalypse depicted in the movie 28 Days Later is a very real possibility.

Speaking of movies. My 2 favorite zombie flicks are Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead.

No such thing as a good Zombie movie! :D Although I do like AMC's The Walking Dead.... but it still gives me nightmares! So what was the apocolypse in 28 Days?

Rage Virus which caused people to kill anybody not infected. Highly contagious with infection happening withing a couple of minutes if one came in contact infected bodily fluids.

Rage Virus which caused people to kill anybody not infected. Highly contagious with infection happening withing a couple of minutes if one came in contact infected bodily fluids.

Are they all grotesque with rotting flesh or are they just angry?

. Also I would also assume that instead of shot... you would want to have buck shot for the 12 guage?

I got double 00 buck shot (appx 300) around 100 slugs, and 200 bird shot. Never know when you need to take small game out of a tree with the bird shot. :D

I got double 00 buck shot (appx 300) around 100 slugs, and 200 bird shot. Never know when you need to take small game out of a tree with the bird shot. :D

I've got the bird shot covered... almost 1500 rds ( I shoot clays on the farm). I have probably 50 slugs ( they are damned expensive now) and no 00 buck... I should probably pick some of that up. As far as the handgun loads. I can reload and replenish in house.. just not setup for rifle or shotgun yet.

Does anybody out there believe this crap?

Tom

No I dont believe anything about zombies, its just a form of entertainment. Fun to think about the what weapons to use and so on but I am not really into it, watch some zombie movies now and then but thats about it....

And zombie land is bad ass for sure! Great cast, hella funny.

No I dont believe anything about zombies, its just a form of entertainment. Fun to think about the what weapons to use and so on but I am not really into it, watch some zombie movies now and then but thats about it....

And zombie land is bad ass for sure! Great cast, hella funny.

Why is our society so interested in Zombies all of a sudden? I mean it has been what 3 or 4 decades since Romero did Night of the Living dead? Our society seems so infatuated....