What upgrades have you done to your 1/24 axial scx24?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadA$$c10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What upgrades have you done to your 1/24 axial scx24??

I 3D printed high clearance links. You need to find the correct files for your specific SCX24, I found it on Thingiverse.
48889A75-CD40-4D19-B554-00F1E86FBD0A.jpeg

Just got a deadbolt for Christmas. I ordered the treal steering linkage, a new servo with mount to fit it, the brass widening hexes and brass steering knuckles. The only other thing I “plan” to do is a barrage 050 motor.

I have changed just about everything. Started stock right before Christmas.now has an old school Chevy body,hott racing motor. All alum. T case, 43 mm shocks,alum axles,brass diff covers,4 mm longer axle shafts, 4mm wheel spacers. 69mm rear control arms upper and lower to roll the rear end. Carbon fiber frame. Alum control arms alum control arm bracket. Rear alum control arm bracket. Alum battery tray and alum reciever tray. Bigger mud slingers tires and bead lock rims. Upgraded servo and bracket coming this week

Attachments

• IMG_20211228_034317198.jpg
    IMG_20211228_034317198.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20211228_034431058.jpg
    IMG_20211228_034431058.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20211228_034435200.jpg
    IMG_20211228_034435200.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 380
I have changed just about everything. Started stock right before Christmas.now has an old school Chevy body,hott racing motor. All alum. T case, 43 mm shocks,alum axles,brass diff covers,4 mm longer axle shafts, 4mm wheel spacers. 69mm rear control arms upper and lower to roll the rear end. Carbon fiber frame. Alum control arms alum control arm bracket. Rear alum control arm bracket. Alum battery tray and alum reciever tray. Bigger mud slingers tires and bead lock rims. Upgraded servo and bracket coming this week
I was actually eyeballing the exact same body. Looks great on the 24 bro!

I was actually eyeballing the exact same body. Looks great on the 24 bro!
Bought it as a model car to put together before I even had the axial. Painted it bought the axial and decided I liked the look so trashed the rest of the model and used the body. Turned out good

This is my 78' GMC "Hard Knocks". I went with the 9g brass knuckles, 4g brass hub extenders, HD shocks and some generic soft tires. I've replaced both battery and motor, but only with standard models. The main addition is the Revell plastic model 1978 gmc bush truck body. Decided to go dented and rusty! Lots of meticulous detailing with heat, paint mixing and texturing. Custom roll bars and some other small things. I got rid of the battery tray all together and fixed the battery to the bottom of the bed with velcro. The tread hits the body just a tiny bit when flexed, but it looks so good I don't want to cut the wells... Haha. Any way, this is it. Hard Knocks..
Happy crawling!
IMG_20220106_203356.jpg
IMG_20220106_203503.jpg
IMG_20220106_203435.jpg
IMG_20220106_201813.jpg
IMG_20220106_203444.jpg

Deffently like the old school look and roughness the truck has great build

This is my 78' GMC "Hard Knocks". I went with the 9g brass knuckles, 4g brass hub extenders, HD shocks and some generic soft tires. I've replaced both battery and motor, but only with standard models. The main addition is the Revell plastic model 1978 gmc bush truck body. Decided to go dented and rusty! Lots of meticulous detailing with heat, paint mixing and texturing. Custom roll bars and some other small things. I got rid of the battery tray all together and fixed the battery to the bottom of the bed with velcro. The tread hits the body just a tiny bit when flexed, but it looks so good I don't want to cut the wells... Haha. Any way, this is it. Hard Knocks..
Happy crawling! View attachment 140193View attachment 140194View attachment 140195View attachment 140196View attachment 140197
Absolutely fantastic!

This is now my favorite scaled SCX24.

I never should have read this thread, now I'm thinking I need to build one of these little guys. Amazing looking trucks Grenfellorama and Bada$$c10!
There is a pretty good supply of parts Here

@NCNitro For less than the cost of a high end servo, you can help support an SCX24 from a lonely existence on a store shelf. Wont you bring one home now, to share the love, and let it experience the joy of a loving home and family of rc cars?

@NCNitro For less than the cost of a high end servo, you can help support an SCX24 from a lonely existence on a store shelf. Wont you bring one home now, to share the love, and let it experience the joy of a loving home and family of rc cars?
My philosophy is tough love.

@NCNitro Stop be a little pansie and get one already, so you can hang with the cool kids for once in your life!

Happy crawling! View attachment 140193View attachment 140194View attachment 140195View attachment 140196View attachment 140197
I love this!!

Back