Fixing U.S.A.'s biggest problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
This is one idea that really should be passed around

*Congressional Reform Act of 2013

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/13. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

+1. All you need to add is a 12 year term limit on the Congress critters.

problem

hay wait a minuet !!!! that makes sense!!!!!

Congress should also get paid only for the time that they are actually in session and if there is no budget, their pay along with the President's and Vice President's should be the first to be cut.

Congress should be privatized, the same way all government jobs are today.

The problem is that we now allow anyone to vote. Should go back to the d way....if you don't contribute you don't vote!

Only certain Canadian subjects. There are a few good ones on here.

voting

"The problem is that we now allow anyone to vote." YEP voting should be limited to land owners. just like in the beginning days.

"The problem is that we now allow anyone to vote." YEP voting should be limited to land owners. just like in the beginning days.

Now....Explain how that makes sense? if you can't explain why it should be that way then you shouldnt post it

Yeah, no kidding. I've worked since I was 14 years old, and damn well paid my share of taxes. But because I choose to not own a home / land, I shouldn't be allowed to vote? That makes no sense whatsoever.

voting

be fore you kids was born the idea was that land owners was smarter, wiser, a person that was going to be there as stable part of society, do want people that will be gone next year from your city next year, voting in your city? now DONT go WA-WA-WA, we this we that, what i said IS true.

HAHAHA......you really like stirring the pot dont you, in a presidential election, it doesn't really matter where you live, if you vote for candidate A and live in Texas, and move to Florida the next day, your vote still counts no matter where you live. If you want to have a conversation about your opinion, then you should at least act like you have a tiny bit of common sense.

Oh yeah.....WA WA WA WA......i own my land and still think your opinion makes no sense, were not in the 1800's anymore.

Last edited:
be fore you kids was born the idea was that land owners was smarter, wiser, a person that was going to be there as stable part of society, do want people that will be gone next year from your city next year, voting in your city? now DONT go WA-WA-WA, we this we that, what i said IS true.

Being able to afford a piece of land has zero to do with one's wisdom, or lack thereof. That's like saying the guy that can afford a Ferrari is a professional race car driver. Before my time the average life expectancy was also around 35 years due to lack of cures for disease and infection, and other various things. Yeah, good times for sure.

voting

YOU ask why i thought what i did. i gave it to you. so dont complane. YOU DID ASK

With the size of population per sq mile, MANY MANY MANY places there is just not enough room for everyone to own a piece of property.

So by your logic since I made the conscious decision to rent an apartment during the first 7 years of my law enforcement career vs purchase some land/home, i should have not had the right to vote? Even though i was/am risking my life daily to protect some of the sorry ass "home owners" in the ghetto's around here who have 4 generations of people living in a 2 bedroom house? f' that noise.

Edit: Am i experiencing de ja vu, or havent we already had this exact same conversation in the past on this site?

Last edited:
YOU ask why i thought what i did. i gave it to you. so dont complane. YOU DID ASK

No one is complaining, and yes i did ask, but i guess i was expecting a sensible answer, not the answer that you came up with to make yourself look like you know what your talking about....oh and its c-o-m-p-l-a-i-n, maybe we should take peoples rights to vote who doesn't use proper grammer or is just too lazy to spell check their posts.

Back