Project Insanity Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I started off with this build with nothing but a chassis and suspension. Then came my order to tower.

IMG_20130731_165516_413.jpg

Then came Blowing the thing apart for a cleaning and dying process.

IMG_20130731_180553_433.jpg

and as you can see, i got every red annodized part available for the erevo

Cgosms_2013-08-1207-53-33-1.jpg

Then i installed swaybars front and rear

IMG_20130814_210218_399.jpg

IMG_20130814_210236_434.jpg

Then came the power for what i have dubbed "project Insanity"
Mamba Monster 2200 KV motor and Traxxas XO-1 Esc

IMG_20130818_164853_982.jpg

I figured since i am going to be putting alot more power through this rig than usual considering the powerplant, it was time to upgrade the plastic drive shafts and cvds
IMG_20130915_155315_024.jpg

And now with some camber and toe adjustments, may i present to you the completed, PROJECT INSANITY!!!!!!!

IMG_20130920_164123_518.jpg

IMG_20130920_164152_662.jpg

IMG_20130920_164215_247.jpg

No bells and whistles! You stuck to the everything has a function. Very nice!

simple, but anything but subtle once i put some power to her for the first time. . .6s, with "custom" gearing.. .and no I'm not gonna reveal my secret either :p::p:

ok ok ok . . .heres a hint. . .MOD1

Last edited:
well as the name implies its going to be completely insane, i built it for a few reasons, 1. cuz i wanted a sick erevo, 2. i'm gonna attempt to get my world record back, and 3. my buddy thinks his XO1 is the baddest rig on the block, well i got news for him, theres a new bad boy in town

P.S.. . .ohh woodie, you know a RCNT sticker would look real nice on the windshield of this beast *ahem ahem*

Last edited:
Nice rig!, if you’re still running stock diffs have a few extras on hand or upgrade, 6S is hungry and likes to chew on them for a little snack.

Nice rig!, if you’re still running stock diffs have a few extras on hand or upgrade, 6S is hungry and likes to chew on them for a little snack.

oh i know, I've had an erevo before, never this powerful though, but I've done every available upgrade to the driveline that i can, if i could find better diffs id get them too, but idk if anyone makes better ones

oh i know, I've had an erevo before, never this powerful though, but I've done every available upgrade to the driveline that i can, if i could find better diffs id get them too, but idk if anyone makes better ones

Don't people stuff LST diffs in them?

i honestly have no idea :\

I just looked, they have a few threads on other forums, here's one.

---------- Post added at 6:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:40 PM ----------

And you're welcome for giving you another upgrade to spend :money: on.

I just looked, they have a few threads on other forums, here's one.

---------- Post added at 6:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:40 PM ----------

And you're welcome for giving you another upgrade to spend :money: on.

Gotta make it bulletproof

that was one hell of a break down on that build thread, wow. . .seriously wow. . .that dude has some great ideas that I'm gonna "steal" to make mine even more trick. I"m liking the carbon fiber motor plate. Thoughts on that guys???

Last edited:
well took her out today for her maiden voyage, on my high speed gearing 34/34 (mod 1) and i got to about half throttle and blipped wot one time and blew the front tires right off the bead at approx 65MPH. . .so i need to find something to keep the tires held on the rims better than CA glue. Any suggestions guys. The tires are belted with gorilla tape and the foams have been ditched completely

Back