Losi 8-T or E-Revo???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubafilos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK, I was looking at getting a RTR 8-T and then converting it to brushless, then I started looking at the E Revo. It's cheaper, set up for brushless, but I already have a LST. I'm just a basher, I drive it around my lawn and around the street, no tracks close to my house. I'm a Losi fan, but I don't know what to do? If I buy the 8-T, I can sell the stuff I won't need to help pay for the conversion, but if I get the E-Revo I'm almost there. Do you guys have an opinion? Thank's for any input!!!

I looked into that, but that may be too much $$ for current budget. Thanx!

It will be about the same price converting somthing else into brushless. and i have not heard too great of things about the erevo.

I've been looking at the cost part. But this way I can use it as nitro for a while, then change over to brushless. Bad stuff about the erevo? Thanks I'll look for that. Thank you!

The E Revo is a fantastic truck. Goes great, (for racing or bashing) but if you want to push it past 40mph then obviously you have to turn her brushless, so you obviously need the new motor, speedie, and a single motor plate if you want to get serious, (although what you said you want to do with it the new plate is unneccesary)
That E 8 Losi that alpine gave the link to looks awesome, although for real speed a 4s lipo would be necessary and it doesn't look like it has the room without spoiling its lines and balance.
Its definately a racer only.
I'd get the E Revo and just use 7 cell batteries or lipo's in it and see how you like it. I think that you will.
# as a footnote be aware that the Losi 1/8 system will handle up to 5s lipo, according to its website.
That buggy has the potential to be the hottest thing on the street if you want to invest the $.....

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Brushlessboy! I've been reading now that on 9-25 Losi will be introducing a new Losi 8ight 2.0. New design, so maybe I'll have to hold off on the 8, just in case there is a price drop. As for the E-Revo, I like the idea that it's more of a basher, and already set up electirc at a much lower price. Cash isn't as easy to come by as it use to be, so maybe I'll just keep kicking tires! I want to make the right choice.

Or you could get chip's slayer he is selling on here, with the conversion kit, and nitro. All it needs i believe is RX, TX, ESC and motor.

I was thinking about used too... I AM SO CONFUSED! Has anyone ever seen this site? The prices seem extremly LOW...$219 for an E REVO, Muggy RTR $279, 8T RTR $400.. http://payato.com/index.php . I AM NOT PROMOTING THIS! It just seems way too cheap? Anyone?

Well, chips has never been used. A: He doesn't run nitro, at all, so the motor and all is brand new. B: He never put any brushless motors on it, so none of it has ever even touched the ground. It is pretty much a scaled revo.

I would be leary ordering any thing from a place over seas with no phone number...
all they give for contact info is a address.

CV. Payato R/C Toys Online Shop

Jl. Engku Putri Batam Center,
Batam, Kepri.
Indonesia 29432

For email order please contact us [email protected]

Back