NEW Losi NASCAR 1/12 AWD RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Losi:

Losi NASCAR RC Race Car - 1/12 AWD RTR
NASCAR is coming to RC!

Join the race with the Losi NASCAR RC Race Car! This ready-to-run, hobby-grade RC stock car offers speed and realism you won’t believe. Drive it. Tune it. Race it. Add option parts and make it yours. Choose your favorite livery and build your own NASCAR legend.

_Kyle Larson #5 HendrickCars.com 2024 Chevy Camaro
_Kyle Busch #8 Lucas Oil 2024 Chevy Camaro
_Chase Elliott #9 NAPA 2024 Chevy Camaro
_Ryan Blaney #12 Menards 2024 Ford Mustang
_Martin Truex Jr. #19 Bass Pro 2024 Toyota Camry*
_Michael McDowell #34 Horizon Hobby 2024 Ford Mustang
*JGR #19 is still under licensing review and full product details will be released soon

1. Performance Racers Respect
_Fully assembled with no additional items needed
_Awesome 20MPH speed and acceleration at your control
_Recharge in an hour — race nonstop for 20 minutes
_Independent suspension
_Oil-filled, coil-over shocks are threaded to adjust ride height
_Can be tuned and upgraded like a real Cup car!
_Officially Licensed Goodyear Eagle racing slicks

2. Designed tough to survive “the big wreck”
_Durable composite chassis
_Enclosed drivetrain with metal ring and pinion
_Functional front splitter and rear diffuser
_High-traction all-wheel drivetrain
_Reliable, high-quality hex hardware

3. Spektrum Equipped
_Powerful Spektrum 2S LiPo 30C 1400mAh battery
_Safe, easy-to-use 1.5A Max USB charger
_Spektrum SLT2 2-channel 2.4GHz radio i. Rookie Mode – dial it back to 75% or 50%
_Spektrum SLT 2-in-1 25A waterproof ESC and receiver
_Spektrum SX110 waterproof metal-geared servo
_MEGA 380 28T Brushed Motor

1000011132.jpg

1000011133.jpg

1000011134.jpg

1000011135.jpg

1000011136.jpg

I've always wondered why Nascar hasn't made a appearance in the RC world or maybe I just haven't seen them?
Very cool regardless and I would love one but the closest RC tracks are in Boise which is 1 1/2 hours from me and I can't do evenings
for health reasons.
I agree with the speed though, not impressed.
If they were 1/10 scale, the Kyosho MK2 Fazer would be a great platform.

My TT02, once I get my tires in, I'll speed run it. Most likely going to get 20 to 25mph.

Wonder if the Losi body can fit my TT02? 🤔
12th scale vs 10th scale.

My TT02, once I get my tires in, I'll speed run it. Most likely going to get 20 to 25mph.

Wonder if the Losi body can fit my TT02? 🤔
12th scale vs 10th scale.
Hpi had stock car bodies. They still might. They even had the wheels.

My only question..... is this a true Nascar replica or does the servo turn right too? 🤣😁

Nascar AWD?

Umm... when did Nascar start using an AWD platform?

I like the more classic looks of the 70s and 80s Nascar bodies, one of the reasons I bought the Associated SR-10.

They used a granite grom chassis and made it longer. Well not really but it's based off the grom platform

FB_IMG_1714166779337.jpg

FB_IMG_1714166781205.jpg

FB_IMG_1714166785385.jpg

Disappointed with the 20 mph thing. That being said, woulbe interested in it if it were available in Wood Bros livery.

No banked curves?

Oh, yeah, 20mph
I'm with you there. NASCAR is about high speed, drafting, high banked curves and a pack of cars that moves the ground when they roll by. They do run some road courses but to be frank, most of them were hacks on the curves when they first did it. They are much better now, but it's not really what the sport is about.

Just me personally, it needs to be on a scale high bank oval and no less than 30 cars.

I think the problem might be the scale of the track. If you scale down Talladega it would be 651' wide. I doubt I could see a 1/7 scale car well enough to drive. But FPV might be a good option?
1714232669337.png

I've always wondered why Nascar hasn't made a appearance in the RC world or maybe I just haven't seen them?
If you count cheapo re-bodies, there's the Redcat Lightning STK car which is based on a super old HSP platform. It's not licensed though, and the chassis is basically made out of rubber.

I think the 20mph rating is fine for the price, this is cheaper than any 1/10 on-roader while still being licensed. My question is if it'll come with ball bearings, after all this is a "Hobby grade" RC...

It being 4wd makes it somewhat drivable, if you made it truly RWD, solid axle, and front heavy, it'd be a donut machine.

Back