How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Western mountains certainly hit different. Loved my time in the Teton range.

kDWwfXO.jpg

I live where I put the red dot in a town named Weiser "Weezer", 15 minutes north and I'm in the beautiful Idaho mountains.
I am just 5 blocks or so from the Snake river to the South of me, and 3 blocks from the Weiser river.
Several Reservoirs from 20 minutes to a hour or two from us.
If we drive South we are in the desert with some awesome shooting areas.
1 1/2 hours east of us is Caldwell, Nampa, Meridian and Boise if we want a taste of the city.
We love it here and avoid the city as much as possible.
Only problem is, sometimes we have to go to Ontario Oregon because we don't have a bunch of different stores here
if we need some things, it's ok though, no sales tax in Oregon.
Very little crime, sleep with the door open in the summer, neighbors leave us alone and one that
brings us homemade jam sometimes.

View attachment 190483
Challenge excepted. 🤣🤣

Big storm expected to hit soon, heavy wind, black clouds and heavy rain.
As a matter of fact it's hailing hard now.

Last edited:
Big storm expected to hit soon, heavy wind, black clouds and heavy rain.
As a matter of fact it's hailing hard now.

We had one hail storm hit here about 20 years ago that was softball sized. I was at work in Indy. I was driving my girlfriend's Taurus. It was totaled.

This is heavy wind from last year. 100mph at its peak. This blew a 24" diameter tree over to my left. I missed it because the noise was so loud.

I love that weather. It's one of the things I miss about living in Kentucky and Tennessee.
I used to man. I really loved going out and finding a good vantage point to watch the storms. But any more, they are just scary here.

Wow, our storm was tiny compared to this.
Yeah, you're in the marginal risk for bad weather. We call that drizzle here 😁

When you're in the path of the orange or red areas, it is time to pay very close attention.
Screenshot_20240522_152549.jpg

This is from https://www.spc.noaa.gov/
Best place to go for early info, which is far sooner than the news channels will give ya because they are looking here as well before reporting it to the public 😉

This section of the site shows discussions of what's coming. Very, very early warning.
Screenshot_20240522_153150.jpg

Last edited:
We over here are on a thunderstorm watch

Supposed to start raining around 6 tomorrow morning
You're just in a slight risk. Nothing to see here.
SPC_outlook_final_updated (2).png

We have been in the pink already this year.

Back